Maison Dawah, in cooperation with the Hunain Islamic Center in Coromandel and the Islamic Dawah Academy in Phoenix, distributed 305 food packages to needy families via the project ” Dan ou bonus pa Blié Bann Pauvres ” at the end of 2015/beginning of 2016.
Food was collected between the 21st and 27th of December. At the conclusion of the operation ” Dan ou bonus pa Blié Bann Pauvres », Maison Dawah, the project’s originator, emphasizes that the goal was to provide food packages to 300 families, but 305 families benefited due to the generosity of Mauritians.
The total worth of the gathered goods is estimated to be Rs 198,250. 15 dedicated volunteers worked for 11 days collecting, sorting, and packing the goods before they were distributed.
Maison Dawah encouraged everyone to “save a small portion of their bonus pay for families in need” via this operation, while stressing that the donations should not be in cash. Maison Dawah’s flyer stated, ” Larzan nou pa aksepte s.v.p “.
Food packs were distributed in locations as mentioned below;
- Port-Louis, Ward IV, Tranquebar, Vallée-Pitot, Camp-Yoloff, Vallée-des-Prêtes, Cassis, Plaine-Verte, Roche-Bois.
- The North – Terre-Rouge, Grand-Baie, Cap-Malheureux, Grand-Gaube, Poudre D’or, Cité la Cure;
- Moka – Pailles, Guibies, Camp-Chapelon, Dubreuil, Providence.
- Plaine-Wilhems – Coromandel, Chebel, Beau-Bassin, Rose-Hill, Quatre-Bornes, Henrietta, Phoenix, Curepipe.
- Black-River – Petite-Rivière, Cité Richelieu, Albion
Maison Dawah and its partners wish to expand this initiative to additional locations this year in response to requests from other organizations and the public.