Last year, precisely September 2021, Maison Dawah organised a family Dawah in a remote village (Dubreuil) in the district of Moka. The family comprises of a couple with their three children (Grades 3, 4 and 7 respectively). They were provided with spiritual support through some basic Islamic teachings, praying Zuhr in congregation, having a meal together and the distribution of gifts.
This first Family Dawah proved to be successful and fruitful. This year, we decided to pay them a second visit on 11 August 2022.
The program started at 10.40 hrs as follows:
- Demonstration of wuzu.
- A talk on the importance of salat (prayer) in Islam
- Question and answer session – basic questions on Islam prepared for reverts in general.
- Azaan. Salaat Zuhr in Jama’at where everybody participated.
- Tafseer of Surah Ikhlaas.
- Talk on Eid-ul-Adha and the sacrifice of Prophet Ibrahim (a.s).
- Distribution of gifts to our hosts. Vote of thanks.
- Departure at 14:35 hours.
The event was successful and the hosts were attentive and participative during the talks. The husband even expressed his contentment towards us by saying ‘’Mo senti moi heureux kan zott la’’.
Under this note, we can remind ourselves about verse 103 in Surah Ale Imran where Allah (swt) tells us;
‘’Hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. Remember the favor of Allah upon you, when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became brothers by His favor.’’